There is a lot I have to learn about Plan9. I know most of what I need to know, but doing the following will round out my knowledge of the environment:
- Install and configure sectore – Now that I know how factotum works, I want my secrets stored in a centralized place, easily accessible from any machine.
- Install and configure venti – I need this for backups and dumps.
- Install and configure a CPU server – I would like to have numerous terminals open doing different things running on CPU’s on other servers. Why not?
- Install and configure a separate ‘home’ file server – This will keep me from having to copy files from all over the damn place.
- Write a real 9p file server – I need to do this sooner or later. Might as well do it sooner. Most of the dev projects I want to do demand it.
- Port the Styx HTTP proxy from “Inferno Programming with Limbo” to C and 9front – I need something to work behind the corporate firewalls I am constantly behind
- Setup a 9front fileserver out on GCP – This will be interesting as it will, most likely, be a KVM instance on Linux. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.
- Port minilisp over to 9front – I already have done a Scheme Interp port, but it is very rudimentary. Minilisp is much better example of a real Lisp interp. It even has GC.
- Start working on the Game Engine and Audio Engine for 9front – TBD
We’ll see how it goes.